In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Tribal people like the Aborigines, Amerindians and Bushmen are the heirs to all the richness and diversity of the natural world.
- In this political formation, the effort was to develop a multi racial alliance of Africans, Indians, Amerindians and all those who were interested in social justice.
- In the Amazon, native Amerindians wear face paint and traditional tunics.
- We wander around the hotel looking at the huge ice sculptures: fish, bears, Amerindians, Inuits in kayaks, and even the Statue of Liberty.
- St Lucia's customs are a blend of the African, Amerindian, East Indian and European.
1amerindio masculineamerindia feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.