In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To tackle this problem a variety of approaches have been developed to predict the three-dimensional structure of a protein given its amino-acid sequence.
- Protein molecules are large biological polymers of small molecules called amino acids, and each protein has a unique amino-acid sequence.
- Homocysteine is produced from the amino acid methionine, which is found in normal dietary protein.
- Two known enzymes catabolize the essential amino acid tryptophan in mammals.
- The simplest amino acid is glycine which contains a hydrogen atom as its side group.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.