In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine amoníacomasculine amoníaco (líquido)
- Only later could they be penalized for exceeding the emissions limits for ammonia and hydrogen sulfide.
- This enzyme breaks down any urea in the stomach to ammonia and carbon dioxide
- These include things such as urea, ammonia, nitric acid, and ammonium phosphate.
- Never mix chlorine solutions with other cleaning agents or ammonia, because toxic gases are formed.
- Some nitrogen gases, especially ammonia, are alkaline when dissolved in rain.
- Use a light solution of ammonia and water on a toothbrush or soft cloth, then rinse thoroughly with water.
- The plant will still emit almost three tonnes of nitrous oxide, ammonia and other toxins into the Lower Fraser Valley per day.
- They will be studying water, carbon monoxide, ammonia and methanol four of the most abundant gases from comets.
- Air, water, hydrocarbons, ammonia and carbondioxide are known as the Friendly Five.
- Adenine can be formed from ammonia and hydrogen cyanide, as can guanine.
- The ligand may be either positively or negatively charged, or may be a molecule of water or ammonia.
- One member was said to be carrying a washing-up liquid bottle, thought to contain ammonia, while another had a brown cricket kit type bag.
- The fluid smelt of ammonia and the victim was taken to hospital with stinging eyes after his attacker fled.
- He isolated around twenty different airs, including hydrogen chloride, nitric oxide, and ammonia.
- Methanamide is manufactured by reacting carbon monoxide and ammonia together under pressure.
- From natural gas, the factory produced ammonia, then nitric acid, urea and ammonium nitrate.
- In the Solvay process, carbon dioxide and ammonia are passed into a concentrated solution of sodium chloride.
- Fill the tank with a solution of one part household ammonia to 100 parts water.
- Make a mixture of detergent and ammonia for cleaning the walls.
- And I'll remember to stock up on ammonia to clean the eggs off my door the next day when I do
- One of the attackers was armed with a washing-up liquid bottle which is believed to have contained ammonia.
- Urinary saturation with struvite occurs only when supranormal excretion of ammonia and alkaline urine occur together.
- Rub with a cloth dampened in a solution of household ammonia and water.
- Nitric acid is produced industrially by the oxidation of ammonia over a platinum catalyst at a high temperature.
- One way of removing built up floor wax manually, is to mix detergent and ammonia with water and apply to the floor with a mop or sponge.
- It does this by activating its own cytoplasmic urease, which converts urea into carbon dioxide and ammonia.
- Tertiary amines are manufactured by heating an alcoholic solution of ammonia with excess alkyl halide.
- Add a few drops of ammonia to the rinse water for glass lamps, chimneys, and globes.
- The ester functional group can also be split by ammonia to give amides and alcohols.
- Some folks also recommend ammonia in the water bottle, but make sure you don't get confused and take a sip.
- Two other very important inorganic compounds that are synthesized commercially are ammonia and nitric acid.
- When ammonia is reacted with nitric acid, ammonium nitrate is produced.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.