In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Before I knew it, I forgot about everything else as I got lost in the world of volts, amps, and ohms.
- A single lightning stroke can deliver a billion electron volts and 100,000 amps.
- The standard formula is volts times amps equals watts.
- Polishing machines require high voltages and amps.
- Lightening is a discharge of static electricity that ‘contains’ millions of volts of potential difference and many thousands of amps of electrical current.
- It was more like an extension to Pat's bedroom, with a drum kit, spare computer, a few amps and our sound deck, a punching bag, and a sofa.
- Things really get fun when you start experimenting with a microphone in front of the amp.
- There are far too many rock bands that mistake an increase in volume for an increase in emotion, as though cranking up the amps and letting the distortion rip will bludgeon us into seeing just how honest they really are.
- Most amps have a radio tuner built in, giving them that added functionality.
- We went to the back of Jem's trunk and helped unload the amps and guitars and mics and other supplies.
- If the other amps don't respond, you have to tweak them or have them tweak themselves.
- Being pulled in and out of a live amp their recordings achieve similar results to.
- Cut your hole using the same method you cut out the hole for the subwoofer amp.
- Then he just started shouting with it into a microphone and nearly blew all the amps.
- Speaking of electric guitar amps, what mics do you rely on for them?
- I'm the only one with the garage, drums, amps and microphones.
- This occurs in guitar amps when the amplified signal is picked up by the sound source, forming a loop (you'll have heard this live and on records as a loud whining sound).
- But if I had to travel on the bus, I'd take my little practice amp and mic it up through the PA, which actually gave a really good sound.
- The songs came fast and mostly furious, delivered with a tangible urgency, as if they're worried that their mics and amps would be shut off at any moment.
- Instead of recording into and manipulating sounds on computer, the group ran them through vintage amps and old gramophone speakers, thereby giving the recording a natural depth and warmth.
- For example, a subwoofer amp can take the load off the rest of your system will providing massively deep bass sounds.
- I remembered that the viola and the guitar went through the same amp, and sure enough, the microphone was going through one of the guitar amps.
- We'd moved some chairs into the corner so we could fit the drum set, our guitars, amps, and mics.
- You can record with a smaller amp - the mic can pick up a wider range of frequency.
- Audio is muted until the amp has stabilized, so you'll hear no pops or thumps during power up.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.