In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- By the time he was 21, he was downing two and a half bottles of rum a day, washed down by cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines and heroin.
- These were followed by methadone, then amphetamines and methamphetamines.
- The hypertensive effects of cocaine and amphetamines also are sympathomimetic.
- Heroin, amphetamine, cocaine and cannabis were hidden in large canisters of glue.
- These include amphetamines, antidepressant drugs, caffeine, corticosteroids and lithium.
- In fact, daily use of tobacco seems to correlate more to the use of cocaine and amphetamine than does occasional use of cannabis.
- Caffeine is addictive and hooks you in the same way as amphetamines, cocaine and heroin.
- Historical evidence suggests that law enforcement has been useful in the control of alcohol, tobacco, amphetamine, and opioids.
- The stimulant drugs are based on amphetamine and carry a risk of sudden death from fatal heart rhythms.
- However, we should note that the most popular drug used by teenagers was marijuana, not amphetamine.
- Experts expect in the coming years a boom of synthetic drugs such as amphetamines and Ecstasy, which are even more dangerous.
- A drugs haul of heroin, cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines and ecstasy tablets were seized in raids on 27 houses.
- She was a heroin addict and used amphetamines, but had started a methadone programme when she learned she was pregnant.
- The claimant said that she committed her offences in order to raise cash for drugs, those drugs being originally amphetamine and later heroin.
- Scientists don't know much about how drugs like amphetamine and Prozac interact in young children.
- Ritalin is a stimulant whose effects are similar to those of amphetamine, methamphetamine and cocaine.
- In neither case did urine screening detect cocaine, amphetamines, or other abused drugs.
- Cocaine and amphetamine have been associated with non-cardiogenic pulmonary oedema and a dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Nicotine has a similar addiction liability profile to cocaine, morphine, or amphetamine.
- At that point, they either come to treatment or they switch to another drug, typically amphetamine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.