In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You've gotta be a micromanaging, anal-retentive control freak.
- A sleeper hit in Britain, Leaves has managed to bring both professional editors and amateur anal-retentive sticklers out of the closet to exalt the splendor of semicolons, the cunning of commas, the debonair of the dash.
- He knew from experience not to try to force others into the same anal-retentive habits he had.
- And here's the proof: a glorious four-CD retrospective that gathers album tracks, B-sides and rarities for fans and anal-retentive obsessives alike - and it's a joy.
- The mechanics at Hawk are very good at getting them absolutely immaculate, just the way I like them because they are the kind of anal-retentive people like me who like to get the bike so it's clean enough to eat your dinner off.
1rententivo anal masculinerententiva anal feminine
- The lyrics are at once sensitive, dramatic, and tragic, but so entertaining that even the anal-retentive could lose themselves in the sheer buzz of it all.
- The last couple of weeks have seen my routine disrupted, which is traumatic for us anal-retentives.
- But, once again, we're just being anal-retentives so don't mind us.
- Now there's an anal-retentive if I ever saw one.
- The stuff you buy is the old pure beer, brewed and fermented by anal-retentives from ancient recipes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.