- Because epidural analgesia provides the highest level of pain relief, the physician and patient should decide when it should be used.
- In Scotland, a conservative view by anaesthetists prevented patients with epidural anaesthesia / analgesia being nursed outside of high dependency units.
- Most women in the United States deliver infants in hospitals where epidural analgesia or intravenous narcotics are the only pain-relief options.
- The Acute Pain Service from the Department of Anesthesia manages epidural analgesia.
- The association of maternal fever with epidural analgesia is well known.