In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The supermarket came by its results by analysing the sale of romantic products - flowers, chocolate and champagne - for all its stores across the region.
- I don't analyse visitor statistics in detail, just a one line summary each day, so I've no way of telling who was the two-millionth visitor.
- It was essential that the theories be analyzed to examine and evaluate their content.
- Survey research, regardless of how it is conducted or whom it surveys, must often be interpreted with caution when analyzing the results.
- As he himself said, MB itself would have wished the Judge had analysed the issues and explained himself more fully.
- The academics secretly observed them in bars during evenings out, analysing their behaviour in detail for half an hour, then following their success afterwards.
- All the authors analysed the data, interpreted the results, and drafted the manuscript.
- Its value depends on the patterns which it creates and the way in which it is analysed and interpreted.
- Richard Baehr is a math genius, who can analyze numbers and explain them better than anyone I know of.
- Speck disagreed with my assessment of the dream and my theory that dreams are easily analyzed and interpreted.
- We can now analyze this process by examining each stage in more detail.
- Or, I've analysed the situation and explained it to my readers.
- With all the visual trickery it offers, it doesn't really give you much opportunity to think and analyze it in such detail.
- The 40 page catalog is densely packed with images spanning the artist's career while texts by Mark Alice Durant and Spaid poetically interpret and analyze the work.
- In order to analyze controversy, we must formulate a more precise question, develop an experimental approach to collect and analyze data, then interpret the results.
- It is important for us to keep our options open and to analyse the options in detail to see which is the best for York City.
- These results can be explained by analyzing the mutant trajectories.
- I think of it, instead, as trying to help them articulate their ideas, analyze the material, explain what they think.
- This, he explains, would analyse our make-do-and-mend culture, our suspicion of the bravely new, our ingrained preference for the status quo.
- In print (and on blogs and elsewhere) we should analyze the charges in detail and keep an accurate, truthful record of the entire episode.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.