In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Chemistry Biologyanálisis masculineto carry out/perform an analysis (of sth) — llevar a cabo/hacer un análisis (de algo)
- analysis of food/samples — análisis de alimentos/muestras
- The shift to decompositional conceptions of analysis was not without precedents, however.
- Electrochemical techniques are also widely used in chemical analysis.
- Eventually, data from this program will permit a more direct analysis of the process described here.
- This protein poses interesting questions for those who deal with the detailed analysis of protein structures.
- Crude chemical analyses identify the rock type as resembling the Earth's ocean floor rather than the Earth's continents.
- My old friend and libertarian colleague Leonard Liggio then came up with the following analysis of the historical process.
- By a process of task analysis we need to understand much more about what makes a simulation realistic and effective.
- According to one group of researchers, this process of analysis is carried out in seven steps.
- The team relied heavily on the finite element modeling and analysis to define the structure and the suspension system.
- The initial structural analysis suggests a detailed rupture mechanism in the aqueous solution.
2(examination)análisis masculineliterary analysis — análisis literario
- syntactic/sentence analysis — análisis sintáctico/de la oración
- on closer analysis, I think we should ... — tras haberlo analizado más detenidamente, creo que deberíamos ...
- in the final / last analysis — (finally) a fin de cuentas
- I just can't bear to read the detailed analysis, let alone the actual report, of an enquiry into a very narrow and arguably esoteric event.
- Tough new guidelines would require teachers to carry out a detailed risk analysis that would effectively end any spontaneous bathing or paddling.
- No one knows how much it pumps into the economy - a detailed financial and visitor analysis will follow this year's festival.
- The task lists resulting from statistical analysis of those surveys were examined to answer the study questions.
- To implement it would require a lot of detailed analysis, including integrating it with the benefit system.
- A more detailed analysis of the structure and concepts of Jo and Gwan can be found in the next essay, by Salia Male.
- Mr Darling has said that that the location of some cameras might have to be re-examined after the publication of today's detailed analysis.
- In fact, globalization is often not part of the detailed analysis of the case studies given as examples.
- The basic case study entails the detailed and intensive analysis of a single case.
- Although this prevented a detailed statistical analysis, the events could still be characterized.
- The statistical analyses and their detailed explication will be most appropriate for researchers who share this particular academic niche.
- This grant will help provide much needed assistance for detailed technical analysis to help build a new Unified Revenue Agency.
- The citizens' responses to four questions in the World Values Survey questionnaire have been taken up for detailed analysis.
- Funding for the project was based on the sale of detailed survey analysis and reports to interested airlines.
- Its most recent detailed analysis of the economy suggested that relative poverty worsened during the period of the Celtic tiger boom.
- It will also enable more detailed analysis of the effects of environmental exposures on health, using routine data.
- The ability to provide instant access to detailed background analysis and comment pieces brought more depth of coverage than other media could provide.
- A more detailed analysis shows that there is no difference between the perceptions of men and women with regard to their personal safety.
- The Rake points to this very long, very detailed Paul Auster analysis that I too will have to read later.
- His detailed analysis is leavened by gag after gag.
3Psychologypsicoanálisis masculineanálisis masculinethey've both been in analysis for more than a year — hace más de un año que se están psicoanalizando or analizando
- Moreover, it is also possible to imagine that a different psychoanalyst would be able to conduct an analysis with this patient.
- It has already been noted that Freud, when conducting an analysis, was ‘curiously impersonal’.
- Here the analysis of dreams and the analysis of the transference become indispensable.
- This is the same effect as can sometimes happen to us in the course of an analysis or a therapy.
- The analyst interprets without due regard for the analysand or the analysand acts without regard for the analyst or the analysis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.