In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So the anarchists and direct action types like Warcry have been left to lead the charge.
- They are asking people to demonstrate on 2 July at the same time as the police are claiming Edinburgh will be overrun by anarchists.
- Many anarchists and syndicalists supported the revolution and he was keen to win them over.
- Such views do not differ essentially from the arguments used by anarchists during the time of Marx and Engels.
- Like libertarians, anarchists believe that morality is a matter of opinion or personal taste.
- Tomorrow in particular could be the day when anarchists attempt to bring violence and destruction to the streets.
- Committed anarchists can judge his account of their views.
- Italian anarchists are believed to be behind the campaign.
- Simply put, it gets the public even more fearful of anarchy and anarchists.
- However, I've never really been convinced by the abandonment of democratic methods of some anarchists, for example.
- Thousands of riot police will be lining the streets amid fears that either anarchists or terrorists will attempt to disrupt proceedings.
- The cops, checking my ID, find that I'm on a list of possible anarchists - they decide to search my car for drugs.
- In the USSR, most anarchists turned into Communists after the Russian Revolution.
- They were made up of socialists, republicans, anarchists, revolutionary syndicalists and Catholics.
- Not all these plots were the work of anarchists and Socialist Revolutionaries.
- There were four anarchists on the Military Revolutionary Committee which organised the insurrection in Petrograd.
- Five anarchists had been executed in 1886 for allegedly inciting the Chicago Haymarket bombing.
- If all the people who were left wing anarchists really stood together for once and refused to vote, what would happen?
- According to the news report the anarchists joined up and ‘infiltrated’ the peaceful protest.
- This logic was embraced by both anarchists and populists, and imposed a number of strict conditions on the behaviour of terrorists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.