In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It kinda seems an oxymoron but thinking about it, isn't anarchy just extreme liberalism?
- He thought that if this system crumbled then anarchy and tyranny would prevail.
- The emerging system may look like anarchy to us, and it certainly looked like chaos to all the old civil servants in Germany.
- Iraq is not a problem because of guerrillas, but because of anarchy and lawlessness.
- This law never came into being as even the Nazi leaders realised that this law would create social anarchy.
- Now the human rights dilemmas of the twenty-first century proceed more from anarchy than from tyranny.
- If the politicians don't come up with a fairer alternative to the current system, then anarchy is what we'll have.
- What does it mean that there is anarchy in the international system?
- In other words, international anarchy based on sovereign states is a system of freedom for groups.
- Maybe anarchy is the only way, in moral if not practical terms.
- He kept a diary of the events of the next 14 months as a first-hand witness to the chaos and anarchy of the Russian Revolution.
- Clowns are, in a sense, anarchic, but they also have to be sensitive as to where they create anarchy and chaos.
- On Tocqueville's account, then, freedom of association and a free press do not promote anarchy.
- Rebels advanced on the capital which erupted in anarchy and mayhem as armed gangs looted and fought each other on the streets.
- We cannot afford to have such traffic anarchy and chaos on our roads.
- Many suppose that tyranny and anarchy are at opposite ends of a linear spectrum.
- Meanwhile, a revolutionary insurrection by a disaffected Kentish mob threatens to bring anarchy to London.
- Or maybe Dr. Chaos really is the last hope of anarchy, and it's all a big lizard plot?
- I am not quite sure why it has avoided sliding into anarchy - the controls seem very lax.
- David Bedein paints a picture of growing anarchy and chaos as Abbas steadily loses control.
- In his book, Max Barry seems to be making the point that anarchy is not freedom.
- This is cultural chaos and online anarchy in the service of the baying mob.
- When you have people losing trust in the system it leads to anarchy.
- To adherents of realism, anarchy is the defining feature of relations among states.
- There was anarchy, chaos, gangs of armed and brutal thugs, panic, starvation and horror.
- It means seizing the factories and offices with the aim of replacing the anarchy of the capitalist market by democratic planning.
- Under this bill, anything you'd write or say in favor of anarchy could land you to up to ten years in prison.
- Fail to control domestic anarchy and the economy becomes a laughing stock.
- This shift, from control to anarchy, also extended to Meirelles' directions for his actors.
- In hundreds of pages they endeavoured to show just how democratic centralised Soviet anarchy was supposed to be.
- If not repaired now it may become irreparable, and there is the danger of anarchy and chaos in India too.
- If the world is thought of in terms of anarchy then power politics will be seen as the solution to the problem of insecurity.
- The economic anarchy of capitalist society is the real source of the evil.
- There are only two alternatives to a fair election, anarchy or dictatorship.
- Opposed is the apparent liberalism, individualism and anarchy on offer in a postmodern world.
- I think direct democracy or anarchy may in fact be more subject to abuse than the representative type of democracies held up as the ideal now.
- He presumably wants public anarchy funded by socialist tyranny, but that is another issue.
- As ways of organising a society go, I can only justify democracy and anarchy.
- The very idea of being able to control anarchy denies its nature.
- Consider the unprecedented scenes of anarchy and chaos that engulfed Britain last Monday night.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.