In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This could indicate that stones caused anatomical damage to the urinary tract.
- The standard technique for placing central venous catheters is by using anatomical landmarks.
- The head and neck encompasses many vital structures and is one of the most complex anatomical regions in the body.
- If I wanted to see the anatomical structures underlying an injury, I was unable to do it as quickly with the CD as flicking through a textbook.
- Over 20 000 anatomical structures can be revealed, all of which can be identified by a click of the mouse.
- Disappointingly, however, bones and other anatomical structures are impossible to see.
- He or she holds the patient's leg and hip in correct anatomical position while the cement hardens.
- This approach is not without problems, due to the neurovascular anatomical structures in close proximity.
- We describe two children with recurrent bacterial meningitis due to cranial anatomical defects in whom diagnosis was delayed.
- These stages involve a number of anatomical structures and muscle groups.
- We are able to distinguish anatomical margins when two structures of different density abut one another.
- The woman has a history of ectopic pregnancy, pelvic infection, endometriosis, or anatomical abnormalities
- It is used to displace subretinal fluid and return the retina to its normal anatomical position.
- New anatomical features usually arise from modification of an existing structure.
- The anatomical location of the pelvic blood vessels puts them at risk for injury during hip surgery.
- It's not a cancer that spreads through the blood stream all over the body, rather it stays confined to one anatomical region of the body.
- This means loss or abnormality of psychological, physiological or anatomical structure or function.
- Many medical, physiological, or anatomical terms have origins that we never even think of.
- Most episodes are due to urinary tract infections and renal cyst rupture that relate to the underlying anatomical abnormalities.
- To understand the supportive anatomical structures of the pelvis it is necessary to see the ligaments, as well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.