In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The wall of fire quickly spread and encircled the androids while giving cover to the retreating humans.
- In the simplest, we have robots or androids who can think but who cannot feel joy, grief, guilt or jealousy.
- He thought androids more conscientious, and convenient than the humans.
- Blogs will transform the human race into a hyper intelligent race of androids able to travel through time and shoot laser beams from their eyes!
- Modern Science Fiction abounds with intelligent robots and androids, both good and bad.
- Smith plays Detective Del Spooner, who goes on the trail of an android suspected of murder.
- Ishiguro reckons it might one day be possible to construct an android which passes for human, but only briefly.
- The twist is that he is an android, living in a society in which the population is strictly controlled.
- The androids and robots were confused and scampered down corridors, knocking into things.
- One such story sees a man fall in love with an android who cannot love him back.
- At about a mile from the house I stopped, knowing the android would be close behind.
- The androids hacked the little plastic grenade launcher into small pieces and bound Leslie with so many chains that only her eyes were visible.
- And if androids really do resemble people eventually, then to make a reasonable decision in real time they will still need emotions.
- The android stalked over on stubby legs and stopped next to Glenn's chair.
- The science fiction fascination with robots and androids is the culmination of this perception of machines as being almost like one of us.
- Most science-fiction writers have kept the distinction between android and robot fairly clear.
- Meet the robot lobster and the android that not only smiles, frowns and blinks but also recognizes people and talks back.
- Kinski is about to bring to life a female android as a replacement for Max when he picks up three criminals on the run and the plot kicks off.
- The future is always depicted as a place where a technical fix has gone wrong, where androids stalk a devastated urban landscape.
- At times, she had even put herself in serious jeopardy just to stop a android criminal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.