In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anestésico masculineto be under anesthetic — estar bajo los efectos de la anestesia
- In a previous study we have shown that local anesthesia can be used as the standard anesthetic for outpatient knee arthroscopy.
- The authors concluded that topical anesthetics in spray formulations are preferred for endoscopy due to safety, ease of application, and similarity of products.
- For a nerve block, a doctor injects a local anesthetic - a medication that blocks nerve signals - around a nerve.
- There was little difference in maternal safety between inhalational anaesthetics used for general anaesthesia.
- The patients are usually stable after 24 to 48 hours at which point they are taken off the muscle relaxants and anesthetics.
- You will be given anesthetics before the procedure.
- Another procedure relied on a card that had no local anesthetics listed.
- The anesthesiologist administered the epidural anesthetic, rotated off call, and left the hospital.
- Contact dermatitis in the ear canal can result from almost any local irritant, including topical anti-infective agents and anesthetics and other topical preparations.
- Supplements that have the potential to cause major complications in perioperative patients are those that prolong bleeding and those that increase sedative effects of anesthetics and analgesics.
- Residual effects of anesthetics and sedatives are the most common reason for persistent somnolence.
- In group III, biopsies were taken one minute after the injection of the local anesthetic.
- Avoid prescribing topical anesthetics as they retard healing and may lead to corneal epithelial breakdown.
- The actual procedure causes little or no discomfort and can usually be done with only mild sedation and a local anesthetic.
- Appropriate position can be checked by aspirating through the needle used for instilling the local anesthetic.
- The epidural anesthetic blocked pain messages and appeared to also prevent remodeling of pain neurons.
- On top of that, there are even more prods for blood tests, anesthetics when they need stitches, and other medical necessities.
- Athletes should never use topical anesthetics so they can keep playing.
- We're getting very close to medical anaesthetics like halothane, though.
- These will usually contain corticosteroids to reduce inflammation or an anaesthetic to relieve pain or antibiotics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.