In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The increasing swelling of an aneurysm of the aorta may press on the spine and chest organs.
- An aneurysm is a swelling in part of an artery caused by damage to, or weakness of, a blood vessel wall.
- In patients without subarachnoid hemorrhage from a separate aneurysm, larger aneurysms also were more likely to rupture.
- Your doctor can measure pulses at points around your body to check for a variety of problems, including aneurysms and narrowed arteries.
- For instance, if the aneurysm involves the arteries to the kidneys then surgeons need this information if they plan to operate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.