In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One held the world and all its people and all its furniture and all the angelic choirs to be dreams in the mind of God.
- This tale that I tell is dedicated to him, the angelic owner of my immortal soul.
- There're also depictions of what can only be described as angelic figures.
- The angelic figure before her looked like her, but she was wearing white garments instead.
- A quick google reveals that he is a spiritual medium, the gleaming white raiment possibly implying a familiarity with the angelic host.
- Cerri and her angelic companion didn't so much as flinch as the leader stood to the side reveling a swordsman.
- I couldn't have felt more ecstatic if the heavens had opened up and serenaded me with a chorus of angelic voices.
- The up arrows are illuminated in white for angelic heaven and the down arrows glower red for hellish damnation!
- Of two works by David Parsons, Shining Star is a be-happy piece for dancers in angelic white, against tricksy banks of lights.
- But, no there was no bright light or angelic figures beckoning me over either.
- He opened his eyes slightly and looked up to see a masked angelic figure holding him.
- The tea-towel-wearing shepherd totters on stage, blurts his lines and joins an angelic chorus in singing Little Donkey.
- A tale with a bit of angelic intervention that overcame obstacles and touched the heart.
- I have now finished the first complete draft of my novella (cue angelic trumpets, hallelujahs etc).
- Sauntering along, the boy looks up and sees a tree filled with angels, bright angelic wings bespangling every bough like stars.
- Musically, angelic guidance has rearranged priorities and sharpened his ear.
- Until we're serenaded by the angelic chorus, Krauss is as close to a heavenly voice as it gets.
- In some quarters, the dove is considered to possess angelic qualities.
- A perfect Christmas morning record with its angelic singing and gentle melancholy hymns.
- He had forgotten to tell Raven that the seven angelic souls were inevitably bounded to Talos Darkwind.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.