In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pescador (de caña) masculinepescadora (de caña) feminine
- They do catch some good fish but so do anglers float fishing in close with big baits.
- Earlier in the week we had noticed three anglers camping and fishing by an island.
- British Waterways is currently considering putting a notice up at Canal Head telling anglers not to fish in the canal.
- Despite the poor angling conditions a good number of anglers fished the lake with some success.
- We were the last group of anglers to fish Colin Lake before it closed down for the winter months.
- With good hatches of midge and pond olives tempting fish, anglers have had a busy week.
- I went for another half an hour before hooking my third rainbow making me the only angler to land three fish.
- Each fish killed is one less to be caught by another angler and one less fish to spawn.
- Both anglers battled the fish and you could see they were getting a great fight.
- Apparently, two local anglers were fishing for blue shark in Galway Bay in a small boat.
- Yet it is true to say that most anglers leave their line on a reel for far too long.
- This lake sees carp anglers from all over Europe, eager to make the most of the warm winters.
- Some days were more kind, however, and anglers caught fish on wet fly and dapping.
- The fishing was certainly tough but several lucky anglers did connect with good fish.
- Earlier this year, the government introduced a rule limiting the number of game fish caught by anglers to one.
- With so many anglers fishing the lower river it's often a job to find a decent swim.
- When the lure is taken the angler must grab the rod and strike the fish half a dozen times to fully make sure the hook is set.
- I was also fortunate in having a lot of space to myself, as most of the anglers were on the carp lakes.
- I won't go into great detail about the man except to mention that he is a carp angler.
- The angler can fish the planer, and the following bait, as far out from the bank as he wishes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.