In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anglicano masculineanglicana feminine
1anglicanothe Anglican Church — la Iglesia Anglicana
- But Methodist rules forbid the use of fermented grape juice while Anglican church law requires the use of fermented wine.
- They were married at Trinity Church, South Australia's first Anglican Church.
- Another children's service was held on Christmas Eve at St George's Anglican Church.
- There are currently no plans to make redundant any Anglican church in the Archdeaconry of Wilts.
- There were speakers from the Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist and Anglican churches.
- Well the Anglican church of Australia is of course in full communion with the Church of England.
- To me these Anglican Benedictines truly lived out the ideal of service encouraged by their Rule.
- She taught Sunday school at both St. George's and St. Luke's Anglican Churches.
- Women are now routinely ordained in many Anglican churches and serve as bishops as well in some.
- As leader of the Anglican Communion, the archbishop faced growing demands on his time from Anglican churches abroad.
- He was not sure whether the Bulgarian Orthodox Church ever recognised Anglican orders.
- He incurred the wrath of the Catholic and Anglican churches and needlessly upset a lot of people.
- Senior clergy at the Minster have organised the service in an outward display of unity between the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches.
- However, such preaching was not well received by most Anglican clergy, and churches began to be barred to him.
- St Giles is a very large and affluent Anglican church, justifying a Canon and a Reverend and boasting a large congregation.
- In the UK, we've had a constitutionally enshrined Anglican church for several hundred years now.
- It is no longer a question of whether communion among the Anglican churches will be broken.
- Over recent years attendance figures at Anglican churches nationally have gradually been declining.
- Churchgoers have welcomed a new team rector to Anglican churches in Bacup and Stacksteads.
- She was a lifelong member of the Church of England and her father and two brothers were Anglican ministers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.