In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pesca (con caña) feminine
- Mr Dacre, who has been keen on angling since the age of ten, was fishing on September 2 in the River Avon just past the weir, behind the Hygrade factory, when a rush of water caused him to stumble and lose a shoe in the river mud.
- The stillwaters will have been closed to angling since at least the end of March so the fish will have had a nice rest.
- Most clubs just have not got the resources to teach angling but can help improvers.
- There have been many trends in angling over the years and this was probably one of them.
- In the Bangor District, the Owenmore river experienced excellent fishing as a rise in water levels and a late run of fish provided a major boost to angling.
- One of the great things about this wonderful sport of angling are the friendships made at the waterside.
- The main aim of the nationwide workshop programme is to encourage young people to take up angling as a recreational sport.
- The society have many miles of excellent grayling, brown, sea trout and salmon angling in various parts of the country.
- In its 2001 manifesto, Labour promised that it had ‘no intention whatsoever of placing restrictions on the sports of angling and shooting’.
- A day's angling on this water can offer so many challenges with different styles of angling.
- For Patrick Arnold's fully detailed angling column see the sports section of the Westmorland Gazette.
- Rooikrantz will go down in angling history as the one place where tuna were caught on a regular basis from the shore.
- A Fishing Centre on the river bank will demonstrate various angling techniques.
- This for me is the ultimate in angling and something I could do for the rest of my life, if I was a millionaire.
- The removal of trout from the lake is limited and permitted only to members of the Bleach Lough angling club.
- All members are invited to attend and are asked to encourage young anglers to some along as we hope to promote angling in the area.
- He now had support from all angling clubs in the Lough Conn area who had formed a federation.
- This latest information would appear to cement the belief that there should be a greater emphasis on control on angling and anglers in particular.
- A prohibition in a designated area would, he believed, present a huge opportunity for Tramore to develop angling and fishing from small boats.
- The Herald said that as local anglers had no access to fishing rights on the river Aire and had to travel many miles for fishing, the reservoir should be given over to angling, which is what happened.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.