In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1angora feminine(scarf/sweater) de angoraAngora cat — gato de angora masculine
- Angora goat — cabra de angora
- Angora rabbit — conejo de angora
- Even though she was chubby, her shoulder-length curly hair framed an attractive, well-made-up face, and she wore her red stirrup pants and red-and-black angora sweater with panache.
- It's a blend of 30% angora and 70% merino wool, and I really enjoyed working with it.
- That is until a new shop assistant starts, with more on her mind than angora.
- The clothes were returned quite clean, but my polyester shirts looked more like the angora sweaters in an Annette Funicello beach movie.
- She feels chilly, even with the pink angora sweater she is wearing.
- Mohair, angora, wool, cashmere, camel, alpaca, etc. are all your allies against the wind and cold.
- Fabrics that are derived from animal hair (including angora, cashmere and basic wool blends) are most susceptible to insect damage.
- Models will show off a range of garments made from hemp, nettle, flax, kapok, peat, bamboo, cellulose fibres and a new polymer made from starch called PLA, plus animal fibres including wool, angora, alpaca, mohair and llama.
- Another figure moved into her line of vision, a black woman in a magenta blouse and grey angora skirt.
- Crafted from a blend of virgin wool, angora and polyamide, this classic pullover features a crew neckline and ribbed hemline.
- Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I was shocked to find that I was in a fancy room that was decorated with fake fur, velvet, muslin, satin, and angora.
- I do not have experience dyeing wool, cashmere, angora, or other similar hair fibers, so I cannot speak directly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.