In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is interesting to note that SM has more cholesterol monohydrate crystals, whereas HSM has more anhydrous cholesterol crystals.
- The water in the mantle may be contained either in high pressure hydrous phases, or alternatively as small hydrous defects in nominally anhydrous minerals.
- When white, anhydrous copper sulfate, CuSO 4, is exposed to ammonia gas, a deep blue crystalline product is formed.
- The Sahara is an ideal backdrop, Paesler says, because it is vast but uniform and composed almost exclusively of anhydrous silicon dioxide - dry sand.
- The surface of the bilayer of anhydrous cholesterol is highly corrugated and thus the lattice energy of such a bilayer is less stable than that of the flat bilayer and would be unfavorable on a flat water surface.
- The vial was sealed, placed in a jar with anhydrous calcium sulfate (Drierite TM) and kept in a cool, dry place until used.
- The slides were air dried, fixed in 100% methanol for 30 min and stored under nitrogen in the presence of anhydrous calcium sulfate at - 20°C until use.
- Anhydrous cholesterol crystals slowly convert over a period of hours to form crystals of cholesterol monohydrate.
- One gram of anhydrous (water free) fat stores more than six times as much energy as one hydrated gram of glycogen (stored glucose).
- The sample was maintained at room temperature for 24 h to ensure conversion of any anhydrous cholesterol crystals to the monohydrate form.
- Calanus finmarchicus and cod eggs were irradiated under SS for I h, placed in the dark and preserved in anhydrous alcohol.
- Only at mol fractions of 0.7 and 0.8 are substantial amounts of anhydrous cholesterol crystals found.
- The combined extracts were dried with anhydrous sodium sulfate and the filtrate was evaporated to dryness under reduced pressure.
- A pound of baking soda yields 10.6 ounces of anhydrous sodium carbonate, which is equivalent to 12.4 ounces of monohydrated sodium carbonate.
- We are also unable to detect the presence of a separate anhydrous cholesterol or cholesterol monohydrate phase in our binary mixtures, again in contrast to previous reports.
- The plants produced urea ammonium nitrate and anhydrous ammonia.
- The technique that he developed, electrolysis of potassium fluoride in anhydrous liquid hydrogen fluoride, is still used today, with some modifications.
- The mechanism of buildup of [H.sub.2] O is the massive crystallization of anhydrous minerals.
- The two most stable species of phosphates are the two extremes of hydrates, the anhydrous salt and the fully hydrated salt.
- Ammonium nitrate, anhydrous ammonia, ammonium sulfate, or banded 28 percent solutions are suitable nitrogen materials for this case.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.