In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1magnetismo animal masculine
- The stranger has animal magnetism, but no other bestial quality.
- She admits that there's something more at work in human love than a finely tuned, highly evolved animal magnetism.
- In ‘Reynardine,’ a young woman meets a stranger in the mountains and is ensnared by his animal magnetism.
- When his subjects were in such states, Mesmer claimed that he could restore the equilibrium of the body's supply of animal magnetism and cure all ills.
- Her every pore exuded an earthy yet youthful animal magnetism.
- From the Beatles and Stones to Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison, by and large, the biggest stars were the best musicians and the finest singers; they also tended to be the best looking, the ones most endowed with animal magnetism and charisma.
- Yes, that's right, mesmerism, it was an early form of hypnosis; it was based on the idea of animal magnetism, and if you conducted certain passes and gestures, literally gestured hypnotically, then the person would go into a trance.
- First of all, Elvis Presley had a really rare animal magnetism.
- Will love interest, Rianna (cutie Colleen from Survivor) be swept away by his animal magnetism?
- Ruffalo, one of the rising stars of American cinema, gives a smouldering performance that combines animal magnetism with a sly awareness of his social and intellectual inferiority to Ryan's Avery.
- This was and could still be (one imagines) an actor with a rare gift: he portrays menace with a great undercurrent of charm and animal magnetism.
- Franz Anton Mesmer presented 27 propositions about animal magnetism in his Memoire sur Ia Decouverte du Magnetisme Animal, published in 1779.
- I, and I think the vast majority of the audience, enjoyed the virtuoso performance of Gambon, with its accompanying belly laughs, and the female members at least, the display of male animal magnetism.
- Now everybody wants leaders with animal magnetism and cinematic glamour.
- An entire episode is devoted to Chris's animal magnetism with women, and how it has both positives and negatives.
- While basically conceptualizing animal magnetism as a dynamic physical fluid, Mesmer was also aware of the impact of rapport and affect in the enhancement of magnetic treatment.
- There are many theories to attempt to explain how Psychokinesis actually works, from basic ectoplasmic to animal magnetism.
- Lee overwhelms his female victims with sheer animal magnetism, rather than a combination of stilted attempts at charm and mesmerism.
- He wasn't sexy and didn't swagger with untamed animal magnetism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.