In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We knew we had to bring the lifeline of communications to everyone, and this animated our entire response.
- Talk of renewing the armed struggle was a common theme that animated the narratives.
- This book will animate, engage and stimulate babies and have nursery classes jumping about with noisy enthusiasm.
- As for personal picks, local choreographer Marie Chouinard, always a festival fave, animates her company both physically and vocally in her latest creation Chorale, which premiered in Italy earlier this year.
- His inspired perspective has animated prophets and artists and dreamers down through the centuries.
- The budget cuts, a lack of jobs, even a potential war are not animating today's youth.
- Reflections of life often animate and inspire the enduring music we call 'classical’.
- Sexual energy, whether male or female, is the electrical charge that animates life.
- It is the breath of life and the inward light that animates the human body and inspires the human soul.
- ‘Reform of the state should be the core animating idea of the progressive governance agenda this year,’ he writes.
- The show's animating principle, that O'Briain wants to look back from his deathbed on a life well lived, is equally admirable.
- Metaphors animate and renew meanings; metaphysics supplies tools to think with.
- Moving images and sound fill a room animating thought processes and daydreams.
- In Paris and later, a strong sense of color continued to animate his work.
- Brown may never return to the ideas that animated his initial intuition about Oakland as an ‘ecopolis of the future.’
- The subject of sport animated him, switched on the plug.
- Perhaps it is hardships and the thrill of risk that animate life most fully, and perhaps it is freedom that binds.
- Egalitarianism is the underlying value system that animates all of these groups - though they differ greatly among themselves in the policies and strategies they embrace to realize their values.
- The one-nation ideal, which animated our national struggle, is still there.
- It is this contrast between rich and poor - a contrast so visually obvious as to make the landscape of Caracas feel almost didactic - that animates Venezuelan politics.
- A team of digital artists can spend months animating a character or creating a landscape.
- It should also be pointed out that the fact that DreamWorks' next four animated films will all be made digitally has nothing to do with the box office failure of Sinbad.
- All animated films may not be for children, but most are.
- Not that long ago, it was a painstaking task to mix animated characters with real ones.
- The best animated character in the history of the genre is Daffy Duck.
- The agreement begins in 2006 when Pixar will release its first animated feature film while not under the Disney umbrella.
- Most people know Disney's Snow White as the first animated feature film.
- Oskar Fischinger back in the Thirties was animating abstract visuals to music and projecting those.
- In some ways Pocahontas is a natural extension of previous Disney animated films like The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.
- The film too often falls into the Sky Captain Syndrome: animated characters fighting other animated characters simply is not interesting.
- He lent his voice talent to many animated characters, but this one is closest to his own spirit.
- Davis became one of many who would hide his comic book pages when a supervisor came by, and hurriedly return to animating Popeye cartoons.
- Over the past year, however, digitally animated films have begun to show an assembly line quality, and Valiant represents a new low.
- I liked Tarzan, but there hasn't been a truly great Disney animated film that didn't come from Pixar since The Lion King.
- She is the lighting technical director of the film ‘Shrek’, which was hailed world over as the best animated feature film.
- As long as future computer animated films maintain the same level of quality as that of the pioneers in the field, their ascendance can only be seen as a positive thing.
- Last year, Walt Disney Studios released what has been rumored to be one of its final traditionally animated feature-length films.
- After years of easily passing $100 million at the box office, recent Disney animated films have struggled to hit that mark.
- Those who associate him only with animating dinosaurs and skeleton creatures would have been fascinated to see what made up the bulk of the program last night.
- In the last ten years, the vast majority of Disney animated films have been soundtrack compilations with a story tacked on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.