In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These parts are being anodized or plated, and will be painted or powder-coated prior to assembly.
- The top and bottom of the reservoir are made of solid anodized blue aluminium with the exterior made from acrylic in a cylindrical shape.
- It is also suitable for removing paint, ink, anodized coatings, and titanium nitrate.
- The handle is anodized aluminum and a nylon sheath allows you to tote it easily.
- Liners are usually made from titanium and can be anodized if desired.
- It can be anodized in many colors and has low maintenance requirements.
- The main wheels have been anodized and put aside for the time being.
- Frames made of steel or aluminum, anodized and sometimes powder-coated, last virtually forever.
- They are hard anodized to resist wear, and in place of a primer is an extremely tough material that cushions the firing pin and is said to be good for 3,000 impacts.
- And it's much less sticky than regular anodized aluminum; we fried hamburgers in it all week with no fat, and the burned bits rubbed right off with a sponge.
- Another ‘selling point’ of the titanium instrument is that it can be anodised in a variety of different colours - including a rainbow effect.
- Those produced in brass, anodized aluminum or galvanized iron impart a golden glow or a silvery shiver.
- Most aluminum used in visible parts of appliances is lacquered or otherwise coated, anodized or painted.
- Hard coatings exhibit a wear resistance greater than 10 times that of ordinary anodized aluminum.
- Zinc alloy castings exhibit clean as-cast surfaces which can be anodized, painted, chromated, polished, brushed or plated.
- Aluminum pans that are lined with stainless steel or anodized (coated to make them scratch resistant) are also safe.
- One of the most common metals that is anodized is aluminum.
- Lock-back knives have almost always been plain and black, but this time the aluminum handles are anodized to a pleasing blue color and tastefully embellished with a little scroll-work.
- In addition, the trailers are anodized, which means they don't have to be acid washed, and come in three different satin colors, including onyx, sterling, and bronze.
- The best skillets I tested were heavy-gauge metal pans with stainless steel exteriors; they resisted scratches and dents better than either black enamel or anodized aluminum pans.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.