In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If indeed a chemical reaction is taking place we have another very anomalous situation.
- For a country aspiring to join the European Union, to tolerate such behaviour was anomalous, he said.
- And if you really are too stupid to understand it, how can you claim its findings are counterintuitive and anomalous?
- Down through the ages philosophers and poets have mused on humankind's anomalous place within the natural order.
- It was already known empirically that this was the case, but no one had been able to understand why this apparently anomalous behaviour should be so.
- That would seem to be a very anomalous surprising kind of result.
- Firstly, these results are anomalous - they do not fit into the pattern established by previous studies.
- For this reason, such rights seem anomalous today, at a time when intervention in the name of human rights is prevalent.
- There was some sort of anomalous weather pattern that went through eastern Pennsylvania.
- They are framed as women first and politicians second, and they're seen as anomalous.
- Crime fiction offers a framework in which to pursue our curiosity about anomalous behaviour, it hooks us, as might a car crash on the motorway.
- It says the trial was too short, there was inadequate independent monitoring and technical reports and anomalous results.
- On the other hand, numerous human behaviours seem anomalous from the evolutionary point of view.
- Media analysts tend to overlook how anomalous the existence of a big, central media is in this country.
- First, and most importantly, it will bring to an end an anomalous exception to the basic premise that there should be a remedy for a wrong.
- If the survey year was anomalous, it could have thrown the trend line completely out of whack.
- The situation was in practical terms unenforceable and grossly anomalous.
- Most climate scientists agree that this recent warming is anomalous, but debate continues about its source.
- The existence of two governing bodies is anomalous and detrimental.
- His school still has more than 40 anomalous results and about three times the number of normal exam appeals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.