1oso hormiguero masculine
- Dens are often established in holes previously dug by antbears, hyenas, and warthogs.
- Yellow Mongoose dens are usually disused burrows left by other animals such as antbears or spring hares which the yellow mongoose then expand considerably.
- Timbavati is known for its large herds of buffalo and elephant, and the night drives are good for viewing leopards, antbears, porcupines and hyenas.
- On a night drive expect to see an array of nocturnal animals such as the lesser bushbaby, porcupine and antbears.
- Dassies abound on the hills and there are also porcupines and antbears.