In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The document states that the hospital's maternity unit catered for the birth and antenatal care of 100 babies last year, compared with 270 born at Chippenham.
- She was especially fortunate, she said, to have the same midwife not only for her antenatal and post-natal examinations and check-ups but also for the birth.
- It is probable that dietary recommendations in antenatal clinics occur too late to have detectable effects in the perinatal period.
- Once a woman knows or suspects she is pregnant, she can make an appointment with her GP to discuss antenatal care and tests.
- She deserved antenatal care, a decent transport system all those things we take for granted in this part of the world.
- It is really important to attend all your antenatal appointments, and to report any bleeding, pain or changes in your baby's activity.
- Some antenatal tests are routinely offered to all women and others are offered only to certain women because of their age and medical or family history.
- As the timing of eclampsia is unpredictable, drills took place on the labour ward, antenatal and post natal wards, and in the emergency department.
- Integrating a simple infection screening programme into routine antenatal care can reduce the rate of preterm births by 50%
- The research data tend to be formulated from actuarial models and short trials in pregnant women attending antenatal clinics.
- Pregnant women should attend regular antenatal appointments so that any problems with the pregnancy are picked up.
- If you feel unsure about being at the birth, attending antenatal classes will help prepare you and give you confidence to know there's a place for you at the birth.
- The principal purpose of antenatal screening programmes is to identify diseases and then to give the parents the option of termination of pregnancy in the event of an affected fetus.
- For £250, she provides two antenatal home visits, attendance throughout the birth and a postnatal home visit.
- It is presented to expectant women through hospital scan units and antenatal clinics.
- Much of the outpatient antenatal and postnatal services would stay as they were, she added.
- Most antenatal screening is carried out in early pregnancy.
- I chose to return to England in the 30th week of my pregnancy, lodging with a friend and attending antenatal classes.
- Public patients receive antenatal care and birth care at public hospitals, and care is provided by rostered midwives, residents, registrars, and staff obstetricians.
- For example, in much of rural Africa, pregnant women present late to antenatal care and may be anaemic and undernourished.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.