In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1formal (front, forward)anterior
- The aortic arch is anterior to the trachea, and the descending aorta is on the right side.
- It is not contemplated that these prior, anterior selves and actions may be in fact constituted by, or be the effects of, the signs and codes that supposedly reflect them.
- In some anterior time, the burial mound had been desecrated, its jeweled contents taken away.
- A second separate irregular sacculated pouch was located anterior to the first in the septum and anterior left ventricular wall.
- Operative findings revealed a mass within the left broad ligament, predominantly anterior to the uterus and crossing the midline.
- The anterior cruciate ligament joins the back of the inside of the thighbone to the outside front of the shinbone.
- Physical examination revealed a golf-ball-sized lesion fixed to the hyoid bone in the anterior midline of the neck.
- Since documentary is defined by the viewer's attribution of relevance to the anterior event, the deployment of the zoom and the viewer's reception of it is a very precarious situation.
- Usually the lateral stamens emerge first, then the anterior stamen.
- One anterior petal is missing as well as a posterior stamen.
2anterior to — anterior a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.