In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Another important area that will be influenced is anthropology, evolution and human migration.
- Within ecological anthropology there were also critiques of an overemphasis on bounded local analyses.
- It provides a solid underpinning of evolutionary biology for those who want to explore ecology, anthropology and social evolution anywhere on earth.
- Since the 1990s, ecological anthropology has incorporated a political dimension into ecological analysis.
- Terrence Deacon works at the interface between neurobiology, developmental biology and biological anthropology.
- His expedition was less a holiday than an exercise in comparative anthropology, since he wanted to examine the differences between American and Australian myths.
- On the contrary, his assessment of the economic origins of human evolution relies heavily on literature, data and facts from anthropology, biology and other natural sciences.
- So he studied anthropology, inquisitive about human societies and their desires and needs.
- The new ecology movement in anthropology relates to a deeper understanding of the relationship of technology and social organization to the environment.
- Ecological anthropology has a long and distinguished history in Papua New Guinea.
- He is a little too fond of building huge abstract entities on the back of discoveries from anthropology, zoology and neuroscience.
- He has no more training in fields relevant to evolution - biology, paleontology, anthropology, geology, etc - than I or most other people do.
- The new Cartesianism of cognitive science and biological anthropology provide some contemporary exemplars.
- Comparative studies declined and anthropology shifted to universities.
- Before proceeding, it is important to examine the theoretical developments in anthropology on the politics of reproduction.
- As noted above, Australian anthropology incorporates a long tradition of research on Aboriginal societies and on societies in Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
- I studied plants and plant evolution for the last six to seven years in the states and was in charge of science at the museum, mainly anthropology and zoology.
- Ethnography is a research approach that developed in anthropology to study cultural groups and that has more recently been used to study small-group culture.
- The categories and relations of evolutionist theory in anthropology expressed deeply held values.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.