In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Do you agree that anti-Semitism is a growing problem in Europe and what do you see as the best course of action against it?
- Last week, The Peak attempted to tackle the issue of anti-Semitism on campus.
- He has said his encounters with anti-Semitism in his youth influenced him in becoming a dramatist.
- My point is that the reason anti-Semitism was so hard to fight is that it had no concrete basis.
- She concluded with a pledge to continue fighting against anti-Semitism and fascism.
- It has a particular salience since he was sometimes suspected of anti-Semitism.
- He had gone to a secondary modern and never experienced any anti-Semitism, not even the smallest joke.
- In Europe in the nineteenth century this religious anti-Semitism turned racial.
- The Echo material rammed home the insidiousness and pervasiveness of anti-Semitism.
- He formally recognised the state of Israel and made a momentous apology for the sin of anti-Semitism.
- So we have a duty to expose and confront anti-Semitism, wherever it is found.
- Since then, the Chirac government has made the crackdown on anti-Semitism a top priority.
- I would have sworn in court that they had not a bone of racism or anti-Semitism in their bodies.
- It was a struggle for truth and for memory and a fight against those who sow the seeds of racism and anti-Semitism.
- In a way I felt there was a touch of anti-Semitism about it because my background is not something I can change.
- Indeed, I am sure she would not hesitate a minute in condemning both racism and anti-Semitism in the highest terms.
- My concern is this undercurrent because it is much more dangerous than the overt acts of anti-Semitism.
- Our perspective on fascism and anti-Semitism has changed radically since the 1930s.
- Classical anti-Semitism denies the equal right of Jews as citizens within society.
- He probably experienced more difficulty with the enduring charge of anti-Semitism, however.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.