In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Do antibacterial soaps get rid of germs better than plain old soap and hot water?
- Garlic's compounds also have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- The assault on bacteria in the household has fuelled great interest in antibacterial products.
- They also have antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties against pathogens.
- For added protection, a swipe with an antibacterial wipe knocks out plenty more germs, so pack a few in your carry-on.
- The worldwide emergence of bacterial resistance to antibacterial agents has produced a need for new methods of combating bacterial infections.
- You may be prescribed antibacterial, antifungal or antiviral drugs on an ongoing basis to guard against infection.
- If only I could focus on the story instead of where I put my antibacterial hand gel…
- The herb also contains antibacterial compounds that may kill the bacteria responsible for the infection.
- Echinacea has also been used externally on wounds and is reported to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- They typically come in a bar, gel or liquid form, and are less drying than are deodorant and antibacterial detergents or soaps.
- Manufacturers use our national fear of germs to sell antibacterial soap.
- Antibacterial prescribing and antibacterial resistance in English general practice: cross sectional study
- It's antibacterial, so you're killing the bacteria that causes the disease.
- Recent reports have lent support to the potential use of previous generation antibacterial drugs to treat infections caused by new resistant bacteria.
- Bacteria that causes eye infections is sensitive to the antibacterial action of honey.
- After drying the skin, treat the burn with an antibacterial agent.
- In this day of antibacterial everything, it's hard to imagine bacteria being beneficial.
- The antibacterial soap kills most germs, while regular soap washes bacteria from the skin or transfers it to a towel.
- Also, taking antibacterial antibiotics when you have a viral infection may be harmful.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.