In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They also have antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties against pathogens.
- Manufacturers use our national fear of germs to sell antibacterial soap.
- The antibacterial soap kills most germs, while regular soap washes bacteria from the skin or transfers it to a towel.
- The herb also contains antibacterial compounds that may kill the bacteria responsible for the infection.
- If only I could focus on the story instead of where I put my antibacterial hand gel…
- In this day of antibacterial everything, it's hard to imagine bacteria being beneficial.
- Echinacea has also been used externally on wounds and is reported to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Antibacterial prescribing and antibacterial resistance in English general practice: cross sectional study
- It's antibacterial, so you're killing the bacteria that causes the disease.
- Garlic's compounds also have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Do antibacterial soaps get rid of germs better than plain old soap and hot water?
- Recent reports have lent support to the potential use of previous generation antibacterial drugs to treat infections caused by new resistant bacteria.
- They typically come in a bar, gel or liquid form, and are less drying than are deodorant and antibacterial detergents or soaps.
- The assault on bacteria in the household has fuelled great interest in antibacterial products.
- You may be prescribed antibacterial, antifungal or antiviral drugs on an ongoing basis to guard against infection.
- After drying the skin, treat the burn with an antibacterial agent.
- The worldwide emergence of bacterial resistance to antibacterial agents has produced a need for new methods of combating bacterial infections.
- For added protection, a swipe with an antibacterial wipe knocks out plenty more germs, so pack a few in your carry-on.
- Also, taking antibacterial antibiotics when you have a viral infection may be harmful.
- Bacteria that causes eye infections is sensitive to the antibacterial action of honey.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.