In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In its attempt to protect the body, it creates specific antibodies to the food.
- There were always free antibodies; there were antibodies in the blood for some weeks.
- We can reduce levels of that substance by introducing into the body antibodies that specifically recognize it.
- The levels of immune globulins and of certain antibodies in the blood may indicate a problem in the immune system.
- If you've already had it, your body has produced antibodies that fight the virus if you come into contact with it again.
- But if you have hay fever, your body produces antibodies in response to pollen.
- Secondly, this membrane sheet is treated with a solution containing an antibody to the protein of interest.
- Local government staff took blood samples from each truckload to test for virus antibodies.
- A blood test can detect antibodies to the hepatitis C virus and a positive test shows that you have been infected.
- An antibody is a protein which recognises a foreign molecule, known as an antigen.
- In MS, the fluid may contain white blood cells, high levels of protein and certain antibodies.
- For example, if you are of blood type A, your body will generate antibodies to attack the B protein.
- Bcells are white blood cells which defend the body against viruses and bacteria by making antibodies.
- When exposed to an antigen, that is a virus or a bacterium, the body produces antibodies.
- You have an immune response to the vaccine as your body develops antibodies to the virus.
- HIV infection is detected using a blood test that looks for antibodies created by the body as it tries to fight the virus.
- A surprising result [of the research] was that we could even make mice make antibodies to their own proteins.
- New therapies based on proteins and antibodies would stop in their tracks chronic diseases such as cancer.
- A healthy body develops antibodies, which hopefully resist the antigens, by binding on them.
- An antibody is any protein that is released in the body in direct response to infection by an antigen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.