In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The current treatment for bipolar disorder is mood stabilizers such as lithium and anticonvulsants.
- Methods of treating postherpetic neuralgia include opioid analgesics, antidepressants and anticonvulsants, but none of these therapies is consistently effective.
- These drugs include corticosteroids, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, local anesthetics, and stimulants.
- Other prescription drugs, including tricyclic antidepressants, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers and anticonvulsants, are taken regularly to prevent frequent and disabling migraines.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, corticosteroids, anticonvulsants, and antidepressants are the most common classes used.
- Stimulants, antidepressants, lithium, anticonvulsants and clonidine have all been used in the treatment of conduct disorder.
- Tricyclic antidepressants or anticonvulsants, often given in low dosages, may help to control neuropathic pain.
- The treatment drugs of choice are anticonvulsants and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Traditionally, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, or other anticonvulsants have been given intravenously, but rectally administered diazepam is now used as an efficacious alternative.
- Most children's seizures treated with anticonvulsants are controlled by the first drug selected.
- ‘At one point, she was taking 36 tablets a day including five types of anticonvulsants, and steroids’, he said.
- Drugs such as corticosteroids, antidepressants and anticonvulsants can also help to alleviate pain.
- These include, but are not limited to, central nervous system depressants, corticosteroids, anticonvulsants, and cancer chemotherapy agents.
- Patients should be encouraged to understand that the onset of action of antidepressants, buspirone and anticonvulsants is not as immediate as that of benzodiazepines.
- The drug list included all available antidepressants, antianxiety agents, antipsychotics, and anticonvulsants.
- To avoid the adverse effects of giving antiepileptic drugs for prolonged periods, rapidly acting anticonvulsants given only during fever periods have been used in an attempt to reduce the risk of recurrent febrile seizures.
- Other drugs, such as local anaesthetics, those that interfere with nerve conduction, and anticonvulsants (drugs used to prevent seizures and convulsions) have been found to reduce symptoms in some people.
- There are no specific contraindications to using anticonvulsants in combination with antidepressants or analgesics.
- Although seizures are easily controlled with anticonvulsants in some patients, others are refractory to drugs.
- Recent studies have found that statins may protect against risk of fracture, whereas several anticonvulsants, corticosteroids, and oral anticoagulants may have a moderate effect to reduce bone mineral density.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.