In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The treatment drugs of choice are anticonvulsants and tricyclic antidepressants.
- They might interact with other drugs that cause drowsiness such as alcohol, and some antidepressants.
- There was a significant correlation between the prescribing of antidepressants of all types and antiulcer drugs.
- No subject in the study was being treated with antipsychotics or antidepressants.
- Concern surrounds the use of tricyclic antidepressants in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- The panellists decided to place the warning on all antidepressants rather than single out individual drugs.
- Few think that it should be treated with drugs, and most think that antidepressants are addictive.
- The most commonly used drugs are antidepressants, mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.
- Another drug trial looks at the efficacy of two antidepressants in the treatment of painful polyneuropathy.
- Antispasmodic drugs and antidepressants work for some patients but not for others.
- Most patients were receiving antidepressants and antipsychotics on admission.
- Various analgesics, vitamins, tranquillisers, and antidepressants had had no effect.
- A quarter of the new drugs now being developed by pharmaceuticals are antidepressants.
- Patients taking tricyclic antidepressants had no increased risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
- We have assessed risk only relative to people receiving tricyclic antidepressants.
- They might interact with some antidepressants and beta-blockers.
- Further relief of symptoms may be achieved with tricyclic antidepressants and anticonvulsants.
- Other pharmacological options include antidepressants and benzodiazepines.
- Data that discredit such old drugs may serve well in marketing the new generation of antidepressants.
- Short term use of antidepressants and lithium and hypnosis offer limited help.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.