In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But today, through the proper use of anti-emetic drugs, you can stop nausea becoming a major issue, though you cannot get rid of it completely.
- In a recent study, ginger failed to demonstrate an anti-emetic effect following laparoscopic surgery.
- Its action on the dopamine-receptors in the chemo-emetic trigger zone produces an anti-emetic effect.
- ‘Until the development of rapid-onset anti-emetic drug delivery systems, there will likely remain a subpopulation of patients for whom standard antiemetic therapy is ineffective and who suffer from debilitating emesis.’
- The authors concluded, ‘Because anti-emetic interventions are similarly effective and act independently, the safest or least expensive should be used first’.
- Meta-analysis has documented the value of psycho educational information in reducing hospital length of stay; medical complications; use of pain, anxiety, and anti-emetic medications; and productive time lost after discharge.
- Progress has been made in the development of new anti-emetic drugs (emesis = vomiting), particularly the serotonin antagonists which are potent inhibitors of chemotherapy-induced vomiting.
- Worried about the side effects of the medication, Claudia researched the indications for use of the drug and found that it was an anti-psychotic, anti-emetic mental health prescription drug.
- Therefore, liberal use of anti-emetic agents provides substantial relief.
- It isn't much fun in the dive boat with people throwing up all over you, and they can get narked on their cocktail of anti-emetic pills.
- Premedication with appropriate anti-emetic therapy should be given as well as attention to appropriate hydration.
- They wish to vomit in private and probably will refuse an anti-emetic medication.
- Lu never used expensive anti-emetic medicine as recommended by doctors, and got through six chemotherapy sessions.
- She had been given anti-emetic medication before getting up, so the nurse gave her a cool cloth and sat holding her steady in a sitting, head-down position.
- The mechanism underlying ginger's anti-emetic activity is not clearly understood, but the aromatic, spasmolytic, carminative, and absorbent properties of ginger suggest it has direct effects on the gastrointestinal tract.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.