In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pesticide products in pressurized cylinders, oil, antifreeze, tires, paints, varnishes, thinners, cleaners and solvents will not be accepted.
- Experts identified the mould as being antifreeze and de-icer from the base's runway.
- Another common practice is the addition of automotive antifreeze to toilets and sink traps.
- The key is polyethylene glycol, a liquid polymer similar to antifreeze.
- Three empty five-gallon plastic drums containing residues of oil and antifreeze were abandoned nearby.
- A mixture of four parts water and one part antifreeze with a few drops of liquid soap should be placed in each cut out milk jug.
- An ingredient in antifreeze and brake fluid, it is also a widely used moisture-carrying ingredient in cosmetics.
- Half an hour later, the radiator was filled with water and antifreeze, and snow had been cleared away from the wheels.
- Are your headlights clean and plenty of water with antifreeze in your washer bottle?
- Addition of water to ethylene oxide generates ethylene glycol used in antifreeze and the formation of polyester fibers.
- Cooling is by glycol, the same material in car antifreeze, refrigerated in another area of the brewery and circulated around containers as needed.
- Cars have used such a device for many years, with your radiator cooling the liquid, usually with a combination of antifreeze and water to keep the engine cool.
- Automotive products such as gasoline, oil and antifreeze should be stored in areas that are inaccessible to your pets.
- Such large quantities mean that airports cannot simply release antifreeze with storm water into nearby rivers and streams.
- Problems will also arise if too much water mixes with the oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, or antifreeze.
- After changing antifreeze and motor oil, take them to your local garage for recycling.
- This helpful tank holds up to 5 gallons and allows you to flush water out and pump antifreeze into the system - even while trailered.
- Ironically, the freezing point of straight antifreeze is lower than antifreeze and water.
- Use the time to go get a jug of water or antifreeze.
- In doing the cooling, one thing that a rider must not forget is the use of motorcycle antifreeze.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.