In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fuerza antigravitatoria femininefuerza antigravitacional feminine
1antigravitatorioantigravitacionalantigravity device — dispositivo antigravitacional / antigravitatorio masculine
- antigravity suit — traje para contrarrestar la fuerza de la gravedad
- So this mysterious stuff has been labelled ‘dark energy’ and is a kind of cosmic antigravity force that counteracts the attractive force of gravity.
- They took their oxygen suits off and walked over to their antigravity beds.
- The antigravity device is not a large object, maybe three square feet, and easily fits on a tabletop.
- Raël claims that the creatures in Ezekiel's vision wore antigravity suits with small jet engines attached to them.
- I patented nanotechnology, antigravity devices, and genetic techniques of all sorts by my teenage years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.