In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The single most important human exposure to lead was lead aerosol, formed by combustion of lead anti-knock additives in petrol, he said.
- It focuses on efforts to cover up the health risks associated with lead in paints and ‘anti-knock’ gasoline and the vinyl chloride used in many plastics.
- One commonly used application is in the production of anti-knock gasoline.
- Metallocenes are useful in industrial chemistry as reducing agents, anti-knock agents for internal combustion engine fuels, absorbers of ultraviolet light, and free radical scavengers.
- At first I thought all I needed was a big wrench but then I found out I needed other things like washers, sealing tapes, anti-knock dunnowhats, huge adjustable grippers and even something called a tap re-seater.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.