In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For the geometric mean, the lower and upper confidence limits are obtained by considering the antilog of the above limits.
- This is the antilog in terms of the original unit of measurement that defines the 50th percentile.
- Levels of all metals were transformed logarithmically for the analysis, and results are presented as geometric means (the antilog of the mean of the log values) - adjusted by groups of age and sex - and their 95% confidence intervals.
- The antilog of the slope of this line represented average annual survival for that age interval.
- This entailed entering the proportion of clutches initiated in each month into the Shannon-Wiener diversity formula and then taking the antilog of the diversity value.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.