In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Completing just a five day course of antibiotics or antimalarial drugs is a rare achievement here.
- Fourthly, the health facility was assessed for availability of antimalarial drugs and malaria treatment wall charts.
- It is likely, however, that long term subsidy will be essential to provide effective, affordable antimalarial drug combinations for all.
- Because malaria parasites are increasingly resistant to antimalarial drugs, appropriately counseled travelers to malaria-endemic regions are more likely to contract malaria now than they were 40 years ago.
- The institute already has links with the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Melbourne and is looking at the molecular basis for resistance to antimalarial drugs and the pathology of malaria.
- Poor adherence with antimalarial drug regimens is well documented in travelers who contract malaria.
- Standby treatment consists of a course of antimalarial drugs that travellers to malaria endemic areas can use for self treatment if they are unable to gain access to medical advice within 24 hours of becoming unwell.
- Malaria, iron and antimalarial drugs - new research brings us one step closer
- During the Vietnam War, however, despite research to find better antimalarial drugs or a vaccine, chloroquine-resistent falciparum malaria from Southeast Asia threatened the U.S. armed forces.
- The organisation believes that the pharmaceutical industry is willing to lower the price of antimalarial drugs.
- This problem is compounded because the early ring stages of the parasite are less sensitive to conventional antimalarial drugs, including quinine, so sequestration can occur after treatment is started.
- It also identifies areas in which malaria is not prevalent to prevent unnecessary use of antimalarial medications.
- The article warns that the immune response to pre-exposure vaccination may be impaired by concurrent use of antimalarial drugs.
- I was also introduced to the merits of preventive medicine inoculations, vaccinations, antimalarial drugs, etc.
- By taking precautions against insect bites and completing a prescribed dosing regimen of antimalarial medication, travelers can prevent infection.
- After more than a decade-and-a-half-long search, researchers have identified the gene that makes the most deadly malaria parasite resistant to chloroquine, the former mainstay, low-cost antimalarial drug.
- In Thailand three of the most common antimalarial drugs are now useless because of resistance.
- Improving adherence to use of antimosquito measures and antimalarial medications could prevent many cases of malaria.
- Case management is also complex and is not limited to giving efficacious antimalarial drugs - it includes proper management of complications such as hypoglycaemia and metabolic acidosis.
- The article advises doctors to roast a tablespoonful of common salt, dissolve it in water, and give it regularly to patients with malaria as ‘an alternative to antimalarial drugs for the permanent cure of malarial fever.’
1antipalúdico masculineantimalárico masculine
- Antibiotics and antimalarials can be effective only if such complications are recognised and adequately treated.
- The finding was that there is a significant amount of people who are good guys, let's say, taking the antimalarial, adhering to the recommendation, and despite it, coming back with malaria.
- We were able to give the child antimalarial drugs and transport him to the nearest hospital, where blood smear examination confirmed that his blood was teeming with malaria parasites.
- New rapid methods of drug screening hold out the promise of much faster identification of novel antimalarials in the longer term.
- There are large numbers of antimalarial drugs available to treat the disease.
- Mefloquine is the most effective recommended antimalarial, but doxycycline (a tetracycline derivative) is being increasingly used in areas where there is resistance to mefloquine or in patients who have side effects to this drug.
- Most of these lives would be saved by increased use of simple curative interventions, such as antimalarials and antibiotics combating dysentery and pneumonia.
- This approach is sensitive but not specific, so that in areas with intermittent malaria transmission it is common for three quarters of febrile patients to be advised to take antimalarials for a non-malarial illness.
- It can be controlled with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antimalarials, steroids and immunosupressants.
- A combination antimalarial is under development in a single, once daily tablet.
- If diagnosed early and treated with the appropriate antimalarials, it is easily cured.
- For example, in a disease like lupus, the skin lesions can be treated quite nicely with cortisone-containing creams and oral medications such as the antimalarials.
- All attempts should be made to ensure that the antimalarials that are accessed are indeed those that work.
- The algorithm used by the strategy may result in overclassification of fever as malaria and hence overuse of antimalarials.
- This hypothesis needs to be tested by using long acting and short acting antimalarials and studying their effect on immune responses.
- In general, longer incubation times for primary malarial infections occurred in patients who had recently taken antimalarials and/or had had a previous episode of infection.
- Most children with this life threatening syndrome did well with simple treatments: antimalarials, fluid, and blood.
- Eleven species were used as antimalarials or antipyretics in all three tropical continents, and 47 species were similarly used in two continents.
- They tested this by providing prepackaged antimalarials and found that costs went down by 50% and compliance improved by 50%.
- These potent antimalarials are easier to administer and safer than quinine as they do not cause hyperinsulemic hypoglycemia- a major complication of quinine treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.