In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fortunately, animal cells produce various antioxidants, which neutralize most oxidants.
- Fruits and vegetables are the major food sources of antioxidants that may protect the lung from oxidative stress.
- Many of the ingredients in these two mixtures are high in antioxidants.
- Several researchers have tried to make better antioxidants by attaching a nitrogen atom to the carbon ring.
- Professional bakers and other food processors add antioxidants - substances which retard rancidity - to their goods.
- Look for products that contain alpha or beta hydroxyl acids, antioxidants or retinoids; they help speed up cell renewal.
- It is used in the manufacture of antioxidants, pharmaceuticals, dyes, and in the vulcanization of rubber.
- The benefits of antioxidants and essential fatty acid foods and supplements cannot be overlooked.
- The calcification that occurs in arteriosclerosis is inhibited by antioxidants.
- Birds also may use carotenoids as antioxidants or immunostimulants.
- Have we mentioned antioxidants, such as quercetin, which protect brain cells from oxidative damage?
- Alkaloids, phenols, antioxidants and lipids were never detected.
- A little of the antioxidant TBHQ, citric acid and dimethylpolysiloxane may also be thrown in for good measure.
- Richness in color appears to be a sign that foods are high in antioxidants.
- Olive oil also contains squalene and oleuropein, which are powerful antioxidants, protecting blood cholesterol from oxidation.
- The body contains chemicals called antioxidants which reduce oxidative stress.
- An imbalance between production of ROS and production of antioxidants results in oxidative stress.
- The two compounds are also included in a larger chemical class: antioxidants.
- Green tea contains abundant polyphenols, plant chemicals that are powerful antioxidants.
- Flavonoids are natural antioxidants that help protect the heart and arteries, among many other health effects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.