In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1antirracismo masculine(campaign/statement) (before noun) contra el racismo
- As such it is a general expression of anti-racism.
- Many came from groups associated with the Church, pacifism and anti-racism.
- It called for employees of state services to be given cultural and anti-racism training to prevent racism in the workplace.
- And tomorrow it will be the leftists, socialists, anti-war and anti-racism campaigners if this is allowed to continue.
- That made it possible for people to leave without giving up on their anti-racism.
- This would be the blueprint for all schooling: I'd promote anti-racism and religious tolerance so pupils knew what it was.
- It is a politics that has informed not just black power anti-racism but the gay pride movement and, above all, radical feminism.
- With its compelling message of anti-racism, tolerance, and pluralism, it is seen as a useful way to combat Islamophobia and reassure British Muslims.
- Indian and Sri Lankan dancing and a Malaysian wedding ceremony were some of the highlights of a day that promoted cultural diversity and anti-racism.
- The session on defending communities turned into a riveting debate covering crime, housing, anti-racism and asylum seekers.
- They are not concerned with working-class solidarity, anti-racism, human rights and democratic politics.
- A tradition of anti-racism in this country has been forged.
- These events and conflicts linked anti-racism to democratic political development more strongly than ever before.
- Official anti-racism has given to racial questions a cardinal importance that they never had before.
- What's more, amongst 16 to 30 year olds, anti-racism is strengthening.
- Case studies of best anti-racism practice both at home and abroad are being distributed to companies here.
- Fought for, but never fully achieved - which brings us to the second principle: consistent anti-racism.
- This presentation of a society in which racism is everywhere and in everybody is a million miles away from the traditional understanding of racism and anti-racism.
- He's somebody who strongly promotes anti-racism and equality.
- Brando's commitment to anti-racism was lifelong and heartfelt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.