- Many approved official prophylactic packs in fact contained antiseptic ointment.
- Antiseptic mouthwashes contain antiseptic to kill bacteria and help to freshen your breath.
- Antibiotics are useless and proprietary antiseptic gargles and lozenges if used in excess are likely to further aggravate the throat.
- The 1994 rulemaking included definitions for antiseptic drugs, broad spectrum activity, and healthcare antiseptics.
- We have shown that handrubbing with an alcohol based solution is more effective than handwashing with an antiseptic soap in reducing bacterial contamination of healthcare workers' hands during routine patient care.
- If you nick yourself while shaving, apply alum - a natural mineral with antiseptic properties - to stop bleeding and soothe irritation.
- To soften detritus, antiseptic solution may be instilled into the umbilicus when the abdomen is scrubbed, or the nurse can use separate sponges and applicators to clean the umbilicus first.
- Another fire occurred when sparks from an electrosurgical unit ignited antiseptic solution that had pooled under a patient's legs.
- Hand washing with antiseptic soap or hand rubbing with alcohol-based disinfectant significantly reduced bacterial counts compared to hand washing with unmedicated soap.
- The CDC does not makes recommendations for a particular antiseptic agent for the catheter insertion site; nor do they recommend a specific type of dressing over another.
- Joseph Lister, MD, developed the principles and practice of antisepsis in the 1800s after he used antiseptic solutions on open bone fractures.
- To prevent catheter-related infections, it is important to use an antiseptic hand wash before starting a procedure.
- A warm bath, antibacterial soap, or antiseptic medicine to stop infection may help.
- Prolonged use of topical antiseptic agents should be avoided.
- It is likely that you will be prescribed antibiotics and an antiseptic mouthwash to reduce the risk of your implant becoming infected.
- Bleeding in children, arising from persistent crusting of the insides of the nostrils, is best treated using an antiseptic cream or softening ointment such as petroleum jelly.
- And sage, thyme and myrrh contain antiseptic actions that help prevent the growth of bacteria.
- These treatments have antifungal and antiseptic properties.
- Mucositis should be managed with antiseptic mouthwash and prophylactic or early treatment of oral candidiasis.
- He or she may also recommend an antiseptic mouthwash that helps prevent plaque forming.
- Those tired of modern, antiseptic museums with a very strong flow of tourists will discover a rare pleasure in visiting the Foundation's private universe.
- Lighting was selected to brighten without glaring, and displays were designed to be neat and clean, but not antiseptic.
- It's good to see computer - generated images of how the original and intact building looked, before going to see the clean and rather antiseptic ruin.
- It was a bit too clean and antiseptic to be really considered an evil lair.
- It works if only as a glorious distraction from the antiseptic earnestness of life as a modern-day Test player.