In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(offensive to society)antisocial
- Our aim is to gather intelligence from the local community and to work to tackle long term problems, including crime issues and others such as antisocial behaviour.
- Either way issues including antisocial behaviour, community renewal, neighbourhood governance, local government and active citizenship needed addressing by a new, designated minister.
- And it is no reason to focus on the technology in such a laser-like manner that everything else about antisocial behaviour, crime and society is completely ignored.
- ‘He seems to know his behaviour is antisocial and that it is abhorrent to other members of society,’ said Mrs Wood.
- One resident, who did not want to be named, said there was growing concern among the community that the end of the zone and police curfew powers could lead to yet another summer of antisocial behaviour, continuing noise, and disturbance.
- In contrast, the antisocial behaviour of children who did not have psychopathic tendencies was mainly influenced by environmental factors.
- This in turn helps society by reducing crime and antisocial behaviour.
- We will also be tackling antisocial behaviour such as criminal damage.
- A popular Clapham bar under the spotlight for complaints about antisocial behaviour suffered a fresh setback after a customer was stabbed in the back during a fight.
- We are targeting these youths using new powers given to us under the antisocial behaviour legislation.
- The UK government's obsession with tackling antisocial behaviour is making society even more lonely and fragmented.
- Although it might just seem like harmless fun to some young people, this behaviour is antisocial and genuinely intimidating to residents and we will not tolerate it.
- The dispersal orders have worked in other areas, resulting in a reduction of antisocial behaviour.
- She said the boy had already signed an antisocial behaviour contract, under which police and the authorities monitor his actions closely.
- The warning is part of a major drive to rid the estate of its image as a centre of vandalism and antisocial behaviour, and to improve residents' quality of life.
- They are antisocial because the way society is organized doesn't appeal to them and they want change.
- Teenagers often get away with outrageous and antisocial behaviour because it's believed to be hormonal and a natural part of adolescence.
- Since its formation, membership has blossomed, while incidents of crime and antisocial behaviour on the estate - one of the city's largest residential areas - have dropped dramatically.
- Now they are handing out these ridiculous antisocial behaviour orders.
- The memo, written two weeks ago, shows that the Prime Minister has taken personal charge of the drive to stamp out antisocial behaviour and has ordered urgent action to prevent a ‘sense of fatalism’ setting in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.