In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are a total of four different weapons at your disposal: a machine gun, an anti-tank weapon, missiles and a pistol.
- And then, 10 anti-tank missiles are fired into the house, causing massive damage.
- The gunmen displayed assault rifles, grenades, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and homemade anti-tank missiles.
- What is the difference between an anti-ship missile and an anti-tank missile?
- Approaches were obstructed by anti-tank and anti-personnel mines and barbed wire, and covered by anti-tank guns and machine-guns.
- Kevlar panels protects the occupants from close threats like rocket-propelled grenades and anti-tank guided missiles.
- If it is an anti-tank missile, you have a second or two to kill him before he kills you.
- He remembered how he had watched as the first anti-tank missile impacted on his commander's tank, quickly followed by many others.
- Lite can be used as a hand-held system, fitted to weapons such as machine guns, or used as a tracker for anti-aircraft or anti-tank missile firing posts.
- You have a limited number of machine gun and pistol bullets, and even fewer missiles and anti-tank rounds.
- The army said soldiers fired in response to an anti-tank missile and several firebombs.
- The four deaths were all as a result of firing anti-tank missiles!
- That's assuming that the helicopters are equipped only with anti-tank missiles and crossbows.
- Tanks often spend time fighting each other, and their sights work much like the sights used to target and guide anti-tank missiles.
- Armed with anti-tank missiles, they can be used for assassinations and attacks.
- It uses electrically charged plating to vaporise anti-tank missiles before they can penetrate the rest of the armour.
- But it is believed the arms haul includes anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles.
- The military said troops fired at two armed men, one aiming an anti-tank missile.
- This will not be solved by snipers or by anti-tank missiles from helicopters.
- Motorized rifle subunits are reinforced with tanks and anti-tank and obstacle clearing assets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.