In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1antiterrorismo masculine(measures/legislation/program) antiterrorista
- In California, West Hollywood is employing the same type of antiterrorism bollards as used by the federal government to stop car bombers.
- Congress is expected to incorporate the crime-fighting measure into an omnibus antiterrorism bill that will likely become law.
- Such a move would solve any concern over detracting from the peacekeeping or antiterrorism effort.
- In a nutshell, it encourages the development of antiterrorism technology by providing liability limits for terrorism claims.
- She has been an adjunct faculty member of the New School for Social Research in NYC since 1993 and lectures on the antiterrorism laws and the Constitution.
- If found guilty, he could face the death penalty as he has been charged under new government antiterrorism regulations.
- U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell will attend a ministerial meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Monday on antiterrorism efforts.
- And they must work to strengthen the capacity of states to meet the binding antiterrorism obligations imposed on them by the Security Council.
- These initiatives can begin to elicit a context for antiterrorism rather than more terrorism.
- Nor are they likely to be spending more on defense or antiterrorism measures.
- The decreases are widespread and probably still multiplying, given the expanding character of the antiterrorism campaign.
- ‘That is what these antiterrorism laws are about, and today is part of that,’ she declared.
- Senator Shelby, the antiterrorism bill passed the House.
- Strong antiterrorism measures can actually support, and not conflict with, civil liberties, Collier said.
- To be sure, some details of funding needed for antiterrorism measures remain unclear.
- The ordinance, which is similar in content to an antiterrorism bill the government has drafted, calls for the death penalty for militants who plot or launch terrorist attacks.
- The antiterrorism bill he is proposing represents a sweeping and unprecedented assault on civil liberties and constitutionally guaranteed rights.
- Attorney General Ashcroft is working to keep details of many antiterrorism countermeasures secret so as not to educate the terrorists.
- As one of the key issues in the morning, the forum discussed antiterrorism measures in the wake of Sept. 11 attacks in the United States.
- Are these antiterrorism measures going to make our nation safer?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.