In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)(invariable adjective) antimonopolio(invariable adjective) antitrust
- He's no radical, but at least he talks about raising income and enforcing antitrust.
- The strength of this approach comes from the regulator being pro-active with an ongoing monopoly or antitrust policy.
- What is at first glance surprising is that so few mergers and acquisitions of banks have fallen into the antitrust net.
- Because of those antitrust laws we can't just pick a price for all architects to follow and stick to it.
- Here we take a look at the history of antitrust laws and examine some of the arguments against them.
- The debate is similar to that surrounding the application of the rule of reason in American antitrust law which is referred to at the end of this chapter.
- The Act provides dairy producers who join together a specific exemption from antitrust laws.
- Nor did the court suggest that antitrust laws did not apply.
- This was the first inter-state trust, which stimulated antitrust legislation.
- Agribusiness mergers often don't create a big enough share of a market to trigger antitrust laws.
- Congress tried to help the farm sector by exempting it from federal antitrust law.
- The hour is late, but Congress may toughen antitrust and fair trade laws if you speak out
- Tom and I agree that the ultimate purpose of the antitrust laws is to help consumers.
- Harl, who is both an economist and a lawyer, understands antitrust laws and issues very well.
- They enforced the then recent antitrust legislation which had been allowed to lay idle.
- But antitrust law focuses on the power of sellers and potential injury to consumers.
- We have established social legislation like welfare programs, antitrust laws, and a social security system.
- It's one of the major pleasures of having an exemption from the nation's antitrust laws.
- Initially, the antitrust law provisions were inserted into the Treaty in view of their role in the process of market integration.
- That, the plaintiffs maintain, is discriminatory, unfair and contrary to US antitrust law.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.