In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Specific antiviral treatment has been effective in improving the survival of the patients.
- An urgent need exists for effective antiviral drugs to prevent and treat SARS.
- Harms of antiviral treatment may include drug hypersensitivity and renal impairment.
- For infections caused by the chickenpox or herpes viruses, antiviral drugs may be prescribed if the infection is caught early.
- Ideally, patients should hold a stock of antiviral drugs for self treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.