1(with negative and implied negative)don't buy any more eggs — no compres más huevos
- we forgot to buy any flowers — nos olvidamos de comprar flores
- aren't there any apples left? — ¿no quedan manzanas?
- I don't have any patience with such people — no tengo ninguna paciencia con ese tipo de gente
- don't make any noise — no hagas ruido
- we forgot to get any coffee — nos olvidamos de comprar café
- try to prevent any trouble — trata de evitar cualquier problema
- didn't he give you any money at all? — ¿no te dio nada de dinero?
- don't take any notice — no le/les hagas caso
- it doesn't make any sense — no tiene ningún sentido
- he didn't leave any telephone number — no nos dejó ningún número de teléfono
- I don't know any Tom Smith — no conozco a ningún Tom Smith
- I didn't say any such thing! — ¡yo no dije tal cosa!
- I don't want you to go, either, but it looks like we don't really have any choice in the matter.
- Unless there are any other matters than those which we can address in a memorandum.
- If there were any anomalies, no matter where they were marked, we would be challenging them.
- They are not making any comment on the matter and are awaiting the referee's report of the incident.
- One in four of those questioned said they did not know nor had any view on the matter.
- We were not asked or given the choice about any of the changes to our contracts of employment.
- In this case they've solved a problem without referring to any of their memories.
- It is not known if the councils are planning to take any action in the matter at this stage.
- They said they could not see any purpose in referring the matter back to the board.
- Have any of you got any hints and tips for me?
- Whether or not it should be made available to everyone without any strictures is another matter.
- If you've got any of your own tips, feel free to share in the comments section.
- Not like you had any choice about the matter, packed lunches were banned, so you had to cough up.
- It's important that you don't hold back any information, no matter how small you may think it is now.
- Not that any of that matters, but if these guys mess up again, an awful lot of people are going to get mad.
- We have not commented here on any of the other matters covered in the Griffiths report.
- Spink is keen to see any examples of similar notes and will offer a free valuation to anyone who has any.
- He tiptoed around it, trying not to get any of the putrid matter slop onto his fluffy bunny slippers.
- Again, however, there is no provision for any of these matters to be met out of third party funds.
- None of these people has shown us or referred us to any specific documents in support of the information.
2(in questions)are there any questions/problems? — ¿alguien tiene alguna pregunta/algún problema?
- does she have any children/brothers or sisters? — ¿tiene hijos/hermanos?
- do you need any help? — ¿necesitas ayuda?
- do you want any more coffee? — ¿quieres más café?
- is she in any danger? — ¿corre (algún) peligro?
- have you had any news? — ¿has tenido alguna noticia?
- is there any chance they'll come? — ¿existe alguna posibilidad de que vengan?
3(in conditional sentences)call me if there are any changes — llámame si hay algún cambio
- if you see any flowers, buy some — si ves flores, compra algunas
- report any accidents to me — infórmeme de cualquier accidente que ocurra
- any more mistakes and she goes — si sigue cometiendo errores / como siga cometiendo errores, se va a tener que ir
- let me know if you have any pain — avíseme si siente dolor
- any rivalry between them soon disappeared — si había existido entre ellos alguna rivalidad, pronto desapareció
- take any money you need — toma el dinero que necesites
- if any lawyer can help you, she can — si hay un abogado que te pueda ayudar, es ella
- any upset could kill him — cualquier disgusto podría matarlo
- any act of disobedience will be punished — toda desobediencia será castigada
- The plug you see below the fitting is the only part of any of these that is visible, and even then is difficult to spot.
- It also expects to be a major beneficiary if any of the current proposals to extend pub hours are made law.
- The ruling classes in any country never have at heart the best interests of their subjects.
- He is a world class player and any team would benefit from having him in the side.
- He said that any fool could bet on a busted flush in poker, or swear that black is white, but that isn't a classic lie.
- They'll be able to advise you on any parts of the class that are now unsuitable.
- She would always be the first one to raise a class discussion about any topic, in any class.
- She cringed, remembering how Sara had asked her to take notes in any of the classes she would be missing.
- Mostly though he breaks up the sentences so any fool would know to read them.
- The work ethic culture has resulted in men working longer hours than in any other European country.
- At the end of the year, more prefects were chosen from my class than from any other.
- Gentility and respectability are the last things people of any class wish to symbolise now.
- An hour spent with any of those people and you feel like clapping for joy, or asking if you can do it all again.
- Prior to this illegally parked vehicles were clamped at any hour of the day or night.
- Second, there is more material to be taught in any given class than there is time to teach it.
- The Rolling Stones, the Who and Led Zeppelin were liable to drop in at any hour, day or night.
- Boxing will be in for a treat if any of the class of 2004 show even a flash of their brilliance.
- Officers have made more arrests for class A offences than any other county division.
- At this stage you can whisk or stir in any chosen flavouring such as sweet chilli sauce.
- Math always came easy to me, so I really don't ever have to pay attention in any math class.
4(no matter which)take any book you want — llévate cualquier libro / el libro que quieras
- take any books you want — llévate los libros que quieras
- pick a card, any card at all — elige una carta cualquiera
- take any three for the price of two — llévese tres a su elección por el precio de dos
- any one of them could be the murderer — cualquiera de ellos podría ser el asesino
- it could be for any one of the following reasons — podría ser por cualquiera de las siguientes razones
- it's true; ask any doctor — es verdad; pregúntale a cualquier médico
- call me any time — llámame cuando quieras
- thanks a lot! — any time! — ¡muchas gracias! — ¡de nada!
5(every, all)any other firm would have fired them — en cualquier otra empresa los hubieran echado
- in any large school, you'll find that … — en cualquier / todo colegio grande, verás que …
- I wouldn't consider it under any circumstances — no lo consideraría bajo ningún concepto
6(ordinary, typical)cualquierit looks like any London street — se parece a cualquier calle de Londres
1.1algunoalgunathose chocolates were nice, are there any left? — ¡qué ricos esos bombones! ¿queda alguno?
- have you read any of her other books? — ¿has leído alguno de sus otros libros / algún otro de sus libros?
- is / are any of you familiar with the procedure? — ¿alguno de ustedes está familiarizado con el trámite?
1.2we need sugar; did you buy any? — nos hace falta azúcar ¿compraste?
- is there any of that cake left? — ¿queda algo de ese pastel?
2.1buy some red ones if you can find any — compra algunas rojas si encuentras
- the advantages, if any, are marginal — las ventajas, si (es que) las hay, son marginales
- if any of my friends calls, take a message — si llama alguno de mis amigos, toma el recado
2.2help yourself to cake if you want any — sírvete pastel si quieres
- if any of the meat is contaminated — si hay carne contaminada
3.1some children were here — I didn't see any — aquí había algunos niños — yo no vi (a) ninguno / no los vi
- you'll have to go without cigarettes; I forgot to buy any — te vas a tener que arreglar sin cigarrillos porque me olvidé de comprar
- I didn't see any of those films/your friends — no vi ninguna de esas películas/a ninguno de tus amigos
3.2she offered me some wine, but I didn't want any — me ofreció vino, pero no quise
- I didn't understand any of that lecture — no entendí nada de esa conferencia
4(no matter which)which would you like? — any will do — ¿cuál quieres? — cualquiera (sirve)
- you could win any of these prizes — podrías ganar cualquiera de estos premios
- this one is better than any I've seen before — este es el mejor de los que he visto hasta ahora
1do you feel any better now? — ¿te sientes (algo) mejor ahora?
- if I stay here any longer, I'll go mad — si me quedo aquí un minuto más, me voy a volver loca
- I can't stand it any longer — no lo soporto más
- things aren't any better in the new house — las cosas no andan (nada) mejor en la nueva casa
- they don't live here any more — ya no viven aquí
- We hope he has a good accountant and focuses mainly on what he is good at, in order not to confuse people any further.
- In less than a minute, they decide whether or not they want to take it any further.
- A more superstitious premier might have resolved not to tempt fate any further.
- Before we could go any further on the subject, he says he prefers to talk about art.
- Luckily they don't have to scrape about any further as the survey is in again.
- I don't think any good can come from filing a lawsuit against the jury.
- This, however, didn't make her feel any the better.
- Before I go any further can I say that I am as guilty of this as many of you are out there.
- I find Europe so fascinating that I'd be quite happy if I never went any further again.
- The third was due to start last week, but Customs indicated they would not be taking the case any further.
- If it had gone on any longer we may well not have lived to tell the tale.
- As such it should not be allowed to influence our public life any further.
- He said often it was a lack of confidence or opportunity that stopped the young people going any further.
- Two of the lads, David and Neil, said no one was any the worse for their experience.
- He didn't grow any taller, but his messy red hair straightened out and became slightly more orange.
- Richard chose not to take it any further, but at the back of his mind he knew always knew something was not quite right.
- We wouldn't be any better a nation if the distillation process had never been discovered.
- The support bus picked me up along with all the others who were too exhausted to go any further.
- If it were to stretch any further they'd be rolling up their trousers and paddling in the icy North Sea.
- Ron said he decided to ring the Evening Press and place the advert before the rumour made it any further.
2US(at all)have you thought about it any since then? — ¿has pensado en ello desde entonces?
- it doesn't seem to have affected him any — no parece haberlo afectado en absoluto / (para) nada
- Shes a tiny creature but I dont think that should hinder her any.
- It didn't seem to hurt him any.
- At this point in his life we do not want him to be a part of it either, we don't want to confuse him any, as far as he is concerned I am his Dad.
- Yes he has hit into bad luck, and the new defensive approach hasn't helped him any.
- He has a slight limp due to a healed injury to a front foreleg, but that sure doesn't hinder him any!