1.1(somebody)alguienanybody at home? — ¿hay alguien en casa?
- anybody interested? — ¿le interesa a alguien?
- will anybody be seeing Emma today? — ¿alguno de ustedes va a ver a Emma hoy?
- would anybody like to volunteer? — ¿hay algún voluntario?
- does this key belong to anybody? — ¿esta llave es de alguien?
- if anybody asks … — si alguien pregunta …
- should anybody ask … — si alguien pregunta …
- she'll know, if anybody does — si alguien lo sabe, va a ser ella
- whatever anybody might say to the contrary … — por mucho que te digan lo contrario …
- Belfast are the strongest by far but, apart from them, anybody can beat anyone else.
- Their next stage is to interview shopkeepers or anybody involved in the retail industry.
- We were together for six years and I don't think anybody will replace him in my affections.
- On that point we agree, and so must anybody who has any interest in the topic.
- He was asked if he saw anybody throwing anything from the barricade or from the crowd at the barricade.
- We know that on our day we can beat anybody, but the league is so competitive any one of the top six teams can go on to win it.
- Hardly anybody but jazz buffs knows about the tenor saxophonist Wardell Gray any more.
- I'm looking to see if there is anybody up there who can open the door to his office for me.
- She is a horrible person and why anybody likes her or, gods forbid, admires her is beyond me.
- He's a guy who has to work hard at his game and he's an example to anybody playing the game.
- Make something amazing that will really blow the mind of anybody who sees it.
- Most of this was mindless violence, not directed at anything or anybody in particular.
- Anyway I was wondering if anybody ever actually saw any of these films and if so what where they like.
- You know there are people who cheat, but you just go out there to be the best you can be and not worry about anybody else.
- Statistics show the probability of an attack on myself or anybody else to be extremely remote.
- York police recommend that if you spot anybody suspicious you should call them.
- In fact, she won't be voting for anybody because she is not even on the electoral register.
- It will not result in anybody being sacked - there might be some formal ticking offs.
- When you get home, you don't want to see anybody, talk to anybody or do anything.
- I could see the whole thing from the bookshop, and I didn't see anybody stop to help.
1.2(a single person)nadiedon't tell anybody! — ¡no se lo digas a nadie!
- there wasn't anybody I could ask — no había nadie a quien preguntar
- I've never met anybody so stupid/useless — en mi vida he visto a nadie tan tonto/inútil
- there's no room for anybody else — no cabe nadie más
- hardly anybody disagrees — no hay casi nadie que no esté de acuerdo
- he doesn't like anybody who wears scruffy clothes — no le gusta la gente que va desaliñada
2.1(whoever, everybody)anybody that wants a ticket — quien quiera una entrada
- give it to anybody you like — dáselo a quien quieras
- anybody who's been to Paris knows … — cualquier persona / cualquiera que haya estado en París sabe …
- anybody important/young — cualquiera que sea importante/joven
- anybody else would have done the same — cualquier otra persona / cualquier otro habría hecho lo mismo
- anybody interested should contact … — los interesados pónganse en contacto con …
- anybody married to a British citizen — toda persona casada con un ciudadano británico
- anybody who liked the film will enjoy the book — todo aquel a quien le haya gustado la película, disfrutará del libro
- before anybody could stop her — antes de que nadie pudiera detenerla
- the same as anybody else — igual / lo mismo que todo el mundo
2.2(no matter who)cualquieraanybody could do it — cualquiera podría hacerlo
- ask anybody! — ¡pregúntale a cualquiera!
- he's not just anybody, you know — mira que no es un cualquiera
- you've as much right as anybody to be here — tienes tanto derecho como el que más a estar aquí
2.3(a person of importance)alguienif you want to be anybody — si quieres llegar a ser alguien
- everybody who is anybody was there — toda la gente importante estaba allí